HP Printer Assistant Windows 10 – This document is for HP printers with HP Printer Assistant software and Windows 10 computers.
HP Printer Assistant Windows 10 is printing software to set up your printer, scan, order supplies, check ink levels, and more. It comes with HP printers used best made after 2009.
After upgrading Windows 10. The printer information in HP Printer Assistant and Windows 10 is lost. When this happens troubleshooting, use HP Printer Assistant for Windows 10 computers to connect your printer as a new printer.
Step 1: Reconnect the printer in windows 10
Connect the printer again to regain access to HP Printer Assistant software.
- Click Connect a new printer HP.
- Select the connection model when prompted. And then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the HP Printer Assistant for Windows 10.
- NOTE: If a red X displays and the connection failed. Click Retry, and then continue to the next step.
- Turn off the HP printer, and then restart your computer windows 10.
- Turn on the HP printer, and then open HP Printer Assistant in windows 10.
- If HP Printer Assistant opens in windows 10, the issue is resolved.
- If HP Printer Assistant does not open on windows 10 or the connection failed. Continue to the next step.
Step 2: Uninstall any HP printer software installer
Uninstall the HP print drivers and software before reinstalling the latest driver upgrade.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the HP printer, if necessary.
- In Windows 10. Search for and open the Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features icon.
- In the list of installed programs in windows 10. Click your HP printer name. And then click Uninstall or Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it the software removal.
- Restart the computer windows 10.
Step 3: Reinstall the latest driver and software from the HP website
After uninstalling the software windows 10. Download and install the latest version of the full feature software and drivers from hp.com.
NOTE: You can also use the installation CD if it includes the driver for your version of Windows 10.
- Turn on the HP printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the HP printer, if necessary. The software and driver installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
- Go to HP Customer Support Assistant – Software and Driver Downloads.
- If a Let’s identify your product HP printer to get started page displays. Click Printer. Type your printer model number. And then click Submit.
- If you need to change the operating system windows 10. Click Change. Select your version. And then click Change.
- Under the Driver heading down. Click Download for the full driver & software package. Or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
Step 4: Restart the computer windows 10 and the printer
Restart the computer and the printer to finish setting up the software in Windows 10.
- Turn off connection to my HP printer. And then restart your computer.
- Turn on the HP printer. And then open HP Printer Assistant for Windows 10.
- If HP Support Assistant opens in windows 10. The issue is resolved.
- If HP Printer Assistant does not open on windows 10. And the Printer Setup & Software screen displays, click Connect a new printer, and then follow the on-screen instructions. Restart the printer and computer to complete the driver installations.
Step 5: Try the Windows 10 built-in print driver
If the previous steps did not resolve the issue immediately. Use the Windows 10 built-in driver. Go to Installing and Using the Built-in Windows 10 Print Driver.